We have a range of sponsorship opportunities available at the Ending HIV Big Gay Out, New Zealand’s largest celebration of diverse communities.
- Time and date: Sunday 11th February 2018, 12.00pm till 7.00pm
- Location: Coyle Park, Pt Chevalier, Auckland
- License owner: New Zealand AIDS Foundation
What is the Big Gay Out?
The Ending HIV Big Gay Out is New Zealand’s largest celebration of diverse communities. Everyone is welcome to come along and enjoy the entertainment and activities at this fun family-friendly event.
2018 represents the 19th year of the Big Gay Out and is the highlight event of the LGBTQ calendar.
The event is completely free of charge for those attending and is funded by revenue generated from sponsorship and selling market stalls at the event.
The event is owned by the New Zealand AIDS Foundation and provides a platform for our Ending HIV brand to engage with a key market.
What happens at the event?
The Big Gay Out takes on a festival style format where people bring a picnic, find a spot and enjoy a fun filled day of entertainment. Specific areas include:
- Durex Main Stage – with 25 plus varied acts on stage from international headline acts to Drag performers
- Market Place – with over 100 market stalls offering a range of information, retail stalls and loads of food trucks
- Urge Bar Beer Garden – Where you can purchase alcohol and chill out
- Dance Tent – Where you can purchase alcohol and dance away to local and international DJ’s
- Sponsor activations on site
The following characteristics of attendees were collected in a survey at the 2014 Big Gay Out.
- 16-29: 45%
- 30-44: 30%
- 45+: 25%
- NZ European / Pakeha: 65%
- Maori: 10%
- Pacific Island: 5%
- Asian: 15%
- Other: 5%
- Employed: 75%
- Student: 14%
- Unemployed: 7%
- Beneficiary: 1%
- Retired: 3%
Place of residence:
- Auckland: 82%
- Other NZ: 12%
- Overseas: 6%
How is the event promoted?
The Big Gay Out is advertised through the following media channels:
- Outdoor including Adshel and street posters
- Venue posters
- Print including gay new media and festival guide
- Editorial both pre and post event
- Digital: Ending HIV website, event websites, gay news sites, dating apps, social media